Unicorn Birthday Party
Themed birthday cakes, menu, activities, favors and ideas
Having a Unicorn theme party is a challenge, but you can extend the party theme
with Pegasus, and princess or fairy tale creatures like knights and dragons, if you are
inviting boys. What's more, butterflies and fairies naturally follow unicorns. Here are
other ideas to make your Unicorn Party memorable:
- Create a dreamy unicorn table setting: Keep the decor for your unicorn party in a
color scheme of purple and pink with hints of blue. Layer a pink table cloth with
purple tulle on top. Next, layer your table with candy like confetti. Kids will
enjoy eating your decorations! The Unicorn Candy pack, right, is an ideal table
confetti. It has unicorn shapes, including a rainbow, stars, and unicorn heads
in pastel colors.
- Get out the castles, unicorn figurines from your toy chest and transform the
party area into fairyland. Look to Papo and Schleich for a variety of unicorn and
Pegasus figurines to decorate the cake and tables. The Unicorn cake topper,
right, available on Amazon, is heavy, so use fondant or a sturdy ice-cream cake
as a base.
- Set the stage with entry to your party: Sprinkle Unicorn confetti with pink, purple
or silver glitter at the party entrance to get everyone excited. To enhance your
fairy tale theme party further, create signs to direct "Unicorns" and "Dragons"
to the appropriate bathrooms. Place a "Unicorn Crossing" sign strategically at
- Make use of unicorn inflatables at the party in your decor. They double
as party favors!
Unicorn Party Supplies
Finding unicorn party favors, decorations and plates is not easy, but buying online for
your unicorn party is much easier than trying to shop the local party supply. Online
you can find:
- inflatable unicorns and unicorn plush by the dozen for around $20.
- unicorn candy molds to make lollipops, chocolates and other candies.
- unicorn balloons
- unicorn tattoos
- unicorn horn headbands
- unicorn funny money (dollar bills)
- unicorn pencils and notebooks,
- unicorn plush and bean bags
- Pin-the-tail on the unicorn party game,
- Relax and find everything you need by visiting our Unicorn Party store.
- Do it yourself Unicorn Horns: Make your own Unicorn horn by forming a cone
shaped party hat from pretty papers you find at the craft stores. Decorate with
pretty ribbons and glitter.
Unicorn Party Activities
Have a puppet show with unicorn puppets. Make your own unicorn puppets from
tongue depressors, yarn and paper with this unicorn arts and crafts project. Make
home-made play dough (purple, pink and blue) or use the store bought kind, and
embellish with glitter sprinkles.
- Stuff a pinata with unicorn buttermints. There are six packs for $15, which is
just $2.50 a bag. The retail for $3.95 each. One package is plenty for a pinata
- Give them Mini-Fairy Land. This fun favor idea, right, by Accoutrements, comes
complete with a prince and princess, two fairies, a carriage, two thrones, a
magic mirror, two doves, a goose, a Pegasus and a unicorn. Be sure to see
Mini-Camelot for the boys.
- Be prepared with unicorn bandages. Boo-boos happen and when they do you
can let the healing begin with these fun bandages sure to impress moms and
kids alike. Comes with a surprise toy inside, and is also available in our Unicorn
- Unicorn novelties and gifts. The gifts you give the birthday child can double as
decorations. Use these fairy tale unicorn wall removable wall decorations,
right, for the party decor, then transfer them easily to the bedroom when the
party is over. Just $14.99 on Amazon.
Menu for a Unicorn Party
Inspiration for cakes, cookies and more for a Unicorn party begins here (be sure to
visit us at cute party ideas as well:
- Get cookie cutter: The unicorn cookie cutter, left has so many uses for your
menu. Use it to make our easy Big Batch Sugar Cookies Cookie cutters also
help you cut fondant for decorating the birthday cake with unicorn shapes. You
may even cut cheeses for the appetizer tray or use them cut tea sandwiches.
- Decoration ideas: Trace the unicorn shape onto pretty papers, cut and
string to make unicorn garland. You can also affix small cookie cutter
shapes on to straws. Trace the shape to help you make invitations and
thank you cards, too!
- Unicorn drink ideas: Use purple sugar rims, the kind used for adult drinks, to
give kids the royal treatment. Squeeze a wedge of lime around the sides and
then dip in sugar and serve lemonade or Vitamin Water and use a swirly
Unicorn Pop sucker as a swizzle stick.
- Unicorn fairy tale Party cupcake ideas: To give cupcakes an ethereal look for a
princess party, tear some blue cotton candy to make a dreamy cloud accent on
a creamy pink frosting. It's a look that's sure to send the kids to fairyland.
- Unicorn candy ideas: Unicorn pops make a great favor for a Unicorn party. This
classic creation resembles the unicorn horn. Look also for"
- Make Unicorn Jello: This versatile unicorn cake pan, available on Amazon, will
work next year when she wants to have a traditional pony party because the
unicorn horn is optional. Use it for cake, Jello, chocolates and more. Fill the
horn with chocolate, marzipan or candy you can melt and mold. The Unicorn
mold, left is available on eBay and Amazon. Look also to for unicorn molds to
help you create confections (chocolate unicorn lollipops and hard candy
suckers, for example).
- Unicorn bundt cake mold. For a fantastic bunt cake, try the Zanda Panda
Unicorn Mold. You can also make unicorn lollipops, chocolate or marzipan cakes,
cookies and more from this versatile pan. See right.
- Make Unicorn horn ice cream cones. You'll find the complete recipe from
Barbara Beery in her Princess Cookbook available on Amazon (see pages 44-
45). There you'll find a recipe for waffle cones dipped into colorful melt-able
candies and rolled into candy confetti then topped with ice-cream, turned
upside-down to look like a unicorn horn.
- More fun Unicorn horn ideas: Waffle cones are great cups for fruit and snack
mixes, too. They look like unicorn horns. Whats more, Bugles are yummy
unicorn party snacks. And you may even dig up some icicle shaped Christmas
ornaments to hang throughout your party to add to the magical touch. You'll
also find some seaside treasures with Unicorn horn seashells.
Unicorn Invitation ideas
Real Unicorn Parties...
We'd love to post pictures of your real unicorn party. Write us!
Now it's your turn to tell us about a Unicorn Party! Please link up with us and share ideas
at Twitter, lower left.
All about a unicorn party...
Search pony party ideas:
(C) Copyright 2009-2014. All rights reserved. Updated 4/26/14.
Linking to pony party ideas is permitted. HOWEVER, no part of this content may be reproduced, or stored in any
retrieval system, or transmitted in any other form or by any means including but not limited to electronic, mechanical,
photocopy, recording or otherwise, without the written consent of the author. The author makes no warranties
express or implied. Works are protected by copyscape. We love to link to quality sites! Write us at Twitter. See also
PonyPartyIdeas.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program
designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com,
amazonsupply.com, or myhabit.com.
Other pony parties you may like: Pink Cowgirl party | Cowboy party| Western party |Saddle Club party | kids parties