Cowgirl birthday cakes, menu, activities, favors and ideas
You're planning a cowgirl party? Even if this isn't your first time to the rodeo, we
guarantee you'll have a boot stomping good time when you throw a cowgirl party.
Moo-ve over cowboys! This is cowgirl party for the little rodeo queens. See also our
pink cowgirl party ideas.
So kick up your heals and learn how to have a cowgirl theme, including party
invitations, birthday cake, food, games, and favor ideas.
- Dress like a cowgirl. Your little rodeo queen deserves a special cowgirl hat, a
Western shirt, and perhaps a new pair of boots. Here's how to dress like a
cowgirl for her party:
- Start her look with a straw cowboy hat.
- Find a Western shirt. Wrangler makes a variety of Western shirts for girls
with horse motifs. To give her a sassy cowgirl look, tie the bottom into a
knot to expose her midriff. Otherwise, a white t-shirt will do for the
birthday girl, accented by a fringed vest and a bandanna.
- Pick a cowgirl skirt. Skip the pants unless you plan on having a pony ride.
You can choose a skirt with a fringe, but just jean skirt will do.
- Add a pair of cowboy boots and you're done.
- Line up for a line dance. Teach those little cowgirls how to dance like one with a
few boot kickin' moves. They'll be boot scooting in no time, and you can add
little Southern style to your neck of the woods with a little workout for the
kiddies. The Dance Off the Inches: Country Line Dance DVD, left, will guarantee
you have a blast. Learn a few basic moves, blast off calories, and teach those
little cowgirls how to dance at the party.
How to have a cowgirl party
If you want cowgirl party ideas for kids, then simply add a girly touch to a cowboy
party with extra measures of pretty ponies. Yee-high!
- Pink horse shoe balloon weights. For a festive touch to a cowgirl party use real
horse-shoes as balloon weights and spray paint them pink.
- Make a cupcake corral. Get glue tongue depressors or Popsicle sticks and spray
paint them hot pink, then affix them to a large box top to create the fence.
Then top with pink frosting and mini white plastic cowgirl hats. We found some
mini white plastic cowboy hats,used for weddings, on Amazon (Partycheap.
- Serve party snacks using the Wilton horse-shoe pan you used to make the
birthday cake. Alternatively, serve sweets in plastic upturned cowboy hats for a
Western theme or plastic derby hats for an equestrian theme. check out the
adorable pink cowgirl hat cake.
- For the tables, turn a pair of cowboy boots into a couple vases using cut water
bottles inside the boots filled with just enough water for the flowers. This
pretty pink cowgirl boot is a mug that you can use as a vase. It's available on
Amazon and makes a great pencil holder or favor.
- Read a story just before opening presents to get everyone's attention. A
theme appropriate story you can find on Amazon is "I Want to be a Cowgirl" by
Jeanne Willis. Story time is a great way to calm the posse after sugaring up
with cake. The "Cowgirl Kate" series by Betsy Lewin is another good choice.
- To enhance your horse theme party, create signs to direct "Fillies" and "Colts"
to the appropriate bathrooms. Check out this fun selection of horse theme
signs to add a festive touch to your party.
- Use galvanized metal buckets instead of coolers to serve up pink drinks, like
Pink Vitamin Water.
- Use a chuck wagon triangle at the pony party to round up the ranch hands
when it's time for birthday cake.
- Your little rodeo queen and her horse crazy entourage need some other
activities, so check out the fun and game ideas.
- Ideas for stuffing a horse or pink cowgirl boot pinata: You'll find Party Sweets
(assorted sweet creams) in a bandanna motif wrapping on eBay. Cowboy
candies (tiny pastel colored tarts) are ideal for pink cowgirls and you'll find them
at Oriental Trading.
- Cowgirl favor ideas: Fill pink candies into a pink cowboy boot party favor found
on eBay or our Amazon store. Round up some old fashioned sweets for a
Western party at a novelty candy store or on eBay. Try peppermint sticks, rock
candy, nostalgic bubble gum gold nuggets, licorice ropes and wheels, chocolate
Search pony party ideas:
Search pony party ideas:
(C) Copyright 2009-2014. All rights reserved. Updated 4/26/14.
Linking to pony party ideas is permitted. HOWEVER, no part of this content may be reproduced, or stored in any
retrieval system, or transmitted in any other form or by any means including but not limited to electronic, mechanical,
photocopy, recording or otherwise, without the written consent of the author. The author makes no warranties
express or implied. Works are protected by copyscape. We love to link to quality sites! Write us at Twitter. See also
PonyPartyIdeas.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program
designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com,
amazonsupply.com, or myhabit.com.
Other pony parties you may like: Pink Cowgirl party | Cowboy party| Western party |Saddle Club party | kids parties