Carousel Horse Party
Carousel horse party decor, food, favors and games
Having a Carousel Horse theme party adds the excitement of a carnival or county fair,
so it's time to send in the ponies and clowns, and to eat snow cones, taffy, caramel
apples, cotton candy, popcorn, ice cream and hot dogs.
Here's how to have an old time Carousel Horse and Carnival Party:
- Let them eat cake. Get inspired by the fabulous Carousel Horse cakes others
have created. Yes, you can make a memorable birthday cake using Wilton
Carousel Horse cake separators, special cake pans and your imagination! Visit
The Carousel Store for more cake toppers.
- Give a carousel horse gift that doubles as decoration. The ultimate gift for the
birthday kids is the heirloom quality wooden white carousel Horse (around
$299), pictured right. Any carousel toys you display will bring the charm of
yesteryear to your Carousel Horse Party.
- Assemble a paper model carousel. "Cut and Assemble and Old Fashioned
Carousel" by A.G. Smith is a fun project and makes a fine centerpiece for your
carousel horse party.
- Be merry and amused with these merry-go-round ideas:
- Bring Carousel music to their ears. Download Carousel music to your MP3 player
and have it as background noise. Try:
- "Come To The Fair" Old Time Wurlitzer Carousel Music, Good Old USA
Carousel Music Volume 1" by Wurlitzer Model 146-A Band
- "Old Time Carousel Music" by The Wurlitzer Band Organ or
- "Carousel Memories" by Replica Wurlitzer Band Organ and Verbeeck Band
- More Ideas for a Carnival Theme and Carousel Horse Party:
- Send in the clown (or puppeteer or face painter) to twist horse-shaped
- Decorate in red and white with yellow and blue accents. Buy bunting,
popcorn bags and circus tent cups at Oriental Trading (and get cash back
from your purchase).
- Serve food in nostalgic plastic hot dog trays (find them on eBay with a
"red plastic basket" search).
- Wrap your Carousel Horse favors in a popcorn bag, or use the popcorn
bags for fun snack mixes. You can also serve colorful candies in ice-cream
- Hang a colorful canopy. You'll find circus canopies online and at Oriental
Trading. Or turn Turn a patio canopy into a circus tent with some
triangular flags you make from construction paper.
- Tie a Horse figurine to pull a box of animal crackers (such as the Barnum
Animals Cookie wagon box, pictured left). Use a pipe cleaner as the
harness. Finding animal cracker boxes is not as easy as you might thing,
so buy them online.
- Trim the tables with an edible garland of life savers, Fruit Loops or candy
- Don't horse around, buy what you need online now. Mylar balloons, like the
carousel Horse, left, make excellent Party favors and double as decoration for
your Party. They're hard to find locally, but you'll find them online in our
Carousel Horse Party Supply store.
- Make a favorable impression with your creativity. Carousel Horse favors are hard
to find, so make your own: It's easy to affix a horse sticker or stencil cutout to a
swirled candy stick, a pencil, or a straw. The Carousel Animals Cut & Use
Stencils book by Celeste Plowden, availalble on Amazon, makes decoration easy.
- Bake carousel horse cookies or mold chocolates or candies into carousel horse
shapes. Bake sugar cookies with a Copper Gifts Carousel Horse cookie cutter.
Or find a horse shaped cookie cutter and bake with wooden sticks to make a
cookie lollipop. Then frost the cookies and twirl a colorful ribbon on the stick.
- Do yourself a favor, check out Dover Carousel books: Dover makes Carousel
horse and animal sticker and activity books (about $1.50 each). Search "Dover
Carousel animal" as well as "Dover Carousel Horse." See the stencils, too.
- This garden Carousel Horse Garden Charm flag, which measures 23.5" x
34", is just $5 while supplies last (it has a $30 value).
- You may find vintage Carousel horse toys and great deals on eBay, such
as the Wilton Carousel cake pan from 1990. Fisher price made some
sweet merry go round toys in the 1970s that you may find.With a little
creativity beyond your search for "carousel" items you can find "merry go
round" or "carnival" items. Try also "circus." We found carousel pencils,
Sandy Lion Merry Go round stickers, custom invitations, and carousel
Horse chocolates on eBay. Wilton made a carousel cake pan in 1990. Find
the on eBay and get cash back from eBay.
Menu for a Carousel Horse Party
- Make colorful Rice cereal treats by substituting a portion of the cereal with Fruity
- Roll Wilton Rainbow Non Pariels (candy sprinkles) onto carmel apples and
sprinkle them generously to cookies and cupcakes.
- Make edible table confetti from Necco Wafers.
- Any kind of fair food fits the carnival theme:
- Carousel Horse Party Favors
- Horse shaped Lollipops (make them yourself with candy molds available
on Amazon or eBay.
- Carnival masks
- Carnival toys (e.g. Rubber ducks)
- Rainbow swirl lollipops
- Crazy loop straws
- Mini Gum ball machines
Games and Activities for a Carousel Horse Party
- Create edible carnival bracelets by stringing round foods, such as LifeSavers,
fruit-flavored cereals with holes, miniature cookies with holes, and gummy
candies with holes.
- Get crafty! Oriental Trading Company has a Carousel Horse Craft kit that
includes plastic gems, foam and wooden pieces to make twelve 7" carousel
horses. It doubles as a favor. Be sure to get cash back at Oriental Trading.
- Play pass the parcel in a merry go round fashion. Here's how to play the pass
the parcel Party game. Find one unique small toy for each child and wrap it well
(a popcorn bag is fun and adds to the theme). To play the game, have Party
goers form a circle. Hand one package to each child. Remember, each prize
should be different and have different shapes. Start the music. Children pass
the packages around the circle until the music stops. Then everyone gets to
open the bag they're holding and take home the unique trinket inside.
Alternatively, have just a couple of bags floating in the circle and as each child
"wins" he can leave the circle to give the other Party goers a chance to win too.
- Create a carnival atmosphere with a floating duck pond using a blow up
swimming pool and rubber duckies.
- Provide some Venetian masquerade face masks and have the kids apply their
own sequins, feathers and gems.
- Buy a real Carousel Horse. The most affordable we've found are at e-
- Magic Pony Carousel Books. Search Amazon for carousel horse books in
paperback by Poppy Shire and Ron Berg, around $3.99 include:
Magic Pony Carousel #1: Sparkle the Circus PonyReal Carousel Horse Parties
Magic Pony Carousel #2: Bright heart the Knight's Pony
Magic Pony Carousel #3: Star the Western Pony
Magic Pony Carousel #4: Jewel the Midnight Pony
Magic Pony Carousel #5 Flame the Desert Pony
Magic Pony Carousel #6:Crystal the Snow Pony
Now it's your turn! We'd love to hear about your real carousel horse parties. Write
ponypartyideas to talk about pony parties and other cute party ideas at Twitter, and
to share your passion for kids parties, cakes and crafts.
See more Carousel Horse Party Ideas.
All about a carnival horse party...
Search pony party ideas:
(C) Copyright 2009-2014. All rights reserved. Updated 4/26/14.
Linking to pony party ideas is permitted. HOWEVER, no part of this content may be reproduced, or stored in any
retrieval system, or transmitted in any other form or by any means including but not limited to electronic,
mechanical, photocopy, recording or otherwise, without the written consent of the author. The author makes no
warranties express or implied. Works are protected by copyscape. We love to link to quality sites! Write us at Twitter.
See also CutePartyIdeas.com
PonyPartyIdeas.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program
designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com,
amazonsupply.com, or myhabit.com.
Other pony parties you may like: Pink Cowgirl party | Cowboy party| Western party |Saddle Club party | kids parties