Pony Party Menu: birthday party cakes
Horse-theme birthday cake and ice cream ideas
A recipe for fun at your pony party starts when you plan the birthday cake to match your theme.
Check out our horsey cupcake ideas, too. Horses love carrots, but not everyone loves carrot cakes.
Whatever your flavor, here are some ideas to make your horse-theme party go off without a hitch:
- Start with the proper cake tools. The Wilton 50-piece Tool and Caddy decorating set,
available on Amazon, is for a mom who loves to bake cakes and cookies, but who doesn't
plan on becoming a Wedding Cake professional. The roomy caddy keeps organized, and
has everything you need to start decorating cakes. The kit saves you money.
- Save time serving ice cream. While a dollop of ice cream is the perfect accompaniment to
your cake, you may miss smiles and excitement in the scramble to scoop for your impatient
little party goers. Minimize the chore and gain precious moments by scooping ice cream
into short plastic cups ahead of time and keeping them in the freezer.
- Hey, cookie, here's an idea: try horse shaped cookie cake toppers. Iced cookies make
festive cake decorations, as do chocolates and other molded candies.Your cake designs
and cookies will look even sweeter with Dragees (shiny, metallic-colored balls). They add
an elegant touch. Don't horse around with sugar cookies: use our easy big batch sugar
cookie recipe, instead.
- Put that Horse out to pasture! An easy pony birthday party cake idea is to put some Horse
figurines on a meadow of grass. Breyer Mini Whinnies make a good choice. Search "Safari
Horses and Ponies Mega Toob" on Amazon. For a Cowboy birthday cake, choose "Wild
West Toob" to decorate a whole cake.Coconut grass is a fun way to display a Horse
figurine on a cupcake or cake accented with a few candy flowers.
How to decorate a Pony Cake
- How to make coconut grass: Place sweetened coconut shreds into a bowl, add a hint of
food green color and mix by hand until you reach the desired color. The expert trick is to use
food color paste, which is thicker than the liquid form. We also suggest you use disposable
plastics glove to protect hands, or contain the mess in a plastic bag to mix, shake and
- How to make green butter cream: Butter cream for your cake or cupcakes is easy. Just mix
the following in a blender at starting at a slow speed and increasing the speed until light
* 1 cup softened butter
* 4-1/2 cups powdered sugar
* 2 teaspoons hot water
* few drops green food dye
* few drops flavor with vanilla, or other drops such as lemon
- How to make candy flowers: Take gumdrop style sugar coated candy (e.g, Brachs), and
flatten the pretty pink, purple or yellow or orange ones with a rolling pin, then roll them into
rose buds. Accent with leaves cut from flattened green candies. Place gum candied flowers
on the bed of coconut grass and place some Horse figurines.
- The horseshoe cake pan from Wilton helps you make a super easy cake. The great thing
about the pan is that after you've baked the cakes you can use it as a tray for a snack mix.
- For a barnyard or cowboy party, see what's online at CowDepo.com They have a tin of
adorable cow sprinkles for the ice cream or cake that would make any cowboy or cowgirl
happy. Here are more ideas
How to set up the cake table for your pony party
Your cake can double as decor if your party is indoors and the temperature is right. You worked
hard to pick the right cake, so set up a table much the way a wedding cake is on display. For a Wild
West themed cowboy party, drape Hessian cloth (burlap sack material) and make a display of
Horse figurines tied with licorice ropes. Use jute string to tie the corners for an outdoor affair or just
staple to the picnic tables to keep the wind from picking up. Include sheriff badges affixed to the
cloth, use tin plates or wrap plates in tin foil, stack gold nuggets with small cowboy figures
Horse theme-cake recipe links:
- Cowboy up and have a kicking good time making a cowboy boot cake. Here's the easy
Cowboy Boot Cake Recipe. This cake has a printable template to cut a boot shape, so you
don't need a special cake pan.
- For the traditional Horse themed party, the little cowpokes are going to love the Family Fun
Horse head party cake recipe you create. Check out the pink pony party cake recipe also by
Family Fun. This cake works great for a pink cowgirl party or My Little Pony party.
- A triple crown party deserves a colorful triple layer cake. You can modify this one intended
for a baby shower. Horse and jockey cake toppers are hard to find, try fancyflours.com for
the horse and rider, left.
- For a Derby style party: Who says you have to have cake for a Kentucky Derby Party? Try
Kentucky Derby Pie in lieu of a birthday cake.
Search pony party ideas:
(C) Copyright 2009-2012 by M.C. Nygard. All rights reserved.
Linking to this site is permitted. HOWEVER, no part of this content may be reproduced, or stored in any retrieval system, or transmitted in any other
form or by any means including but not limited to electronic, mechanical, photocopy, recording or otherwise, without the written consent of the
author. The author makes no warranties express or implied. Works are protected by copyscape. We love to link to quality sites! Write us at Twitter.
Other pony parties you may like: Pink Cowgirl party | Cowboy party| Western party |Saddle Club party | kids parties
This article ia by M.C. Nygard, right,
former eBay Platinum Powerseller of
party supplies, and mother of two
horse crazy kids. Follow her on Twitter.