Pony Party Menu: cookies and theme food
Using horsey-shaped cookie cutters and more
Take the cookie cutter approach to a kids party with our Easy Big Batch Sugar Cookie
recipe comes out thick, tasty and professional looking:
Easy Big Batch Sugar Cookies Recipe
2 cups butter
2 cups granulated sugar
2 large eggs
4 teaspoons vanilla extract
A small, 2-lbs. bag of flour (around six cups flour)
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
Powdered sugar to dust
Sparkling sugar to decorate
- Cream the butter and sugar.
- Add eggs and vanilla.
- Mix flour, salt and baking powder.
- Combine ingredients until you have cookie dough.
- Make three large pancake flats and chill them until firm (30 minutes - 1 hour).
Use saran wrap or parchment paper to wrap and divide pancakes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Roll dough to 1/8 inches thick using powdered sugar.
- Cut shape with cookie cutter, but before releasing onto baking sheet, load with
sparkling sugar. (This will help contain most of the sugars)
- Gently release, dust sugars and cut your next cookie until tray is loaded.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until cookies turn brown at edges.
- Yields around 5 dozen large cookies.
More sweet ideas for your pony party:
- Sure cookie cutters help you make fun cookies for party-goers, but you can also
use cookie cutters as stencils for invitations, decorations and other crafts, as
well as for other food items. So go ahead and cut it out!
- Cookie cutters are great for cutting sandwiches for the kids, but don't try cutting
out pizza. It's a lot of work, it won't look right, and your pizza will get cold. Trust
us on this one. But there are lots of other creative no-fail ideas for your cookie
- use them to cut savory foods like biscuits, and cheeses.
- cut horse shaped pancakes
- make Rice Krispie Treats,
- shape Jello
- cut dough for pie decorations or cut fondant well.
- use cookie cutters to help guide frosting or sugar sprinkles for the
- Farm friendly food is all you need for a horse theme party. Horses love apples
(and so do kids), so start with a bushel of fresh juicy red apples. Or put apples
in a bucket, lined with a bandanna or a checked cloth.
- Be sure to see our party snack mix ideas, which look great in the feed buckets.
On the sweeter side, try caramel or candied apples. Horses love sugar too, so
stack sugar cubes intended for the coffee and tea at cake time. For the tea
bags, place a small horse sticker on the paper tag to give it a horsey touch.
- For the main meal, make it easy on yourself with burgers and hot dogs served
with shoe-string potatoes to look like haystacks. Food is made more fun served
up in pie tins for a cowboy party. Or serve burgers in an upturned plastic
cowboy hat with chips. Chicken and corn on the cob is another crowd pleaser.
To make things extra horsey, serve biscuits cut into horse-shoe shapes. Carrot
and celery sticks are another obvious choice.
Having a cowboy party? Then you'll want to make cookies for your little Buffalo Bill
using sprinkled jimmies to create a buffalo coat. Check out the 50-page cookbook by
Tuda Libby Crews: "Wild West Cowboy Cookies Cookbook," which is as low as $4.00
on Amazon, see right.
(C) Copyright 2009-2014. All rights reserved. Updated 4/26/14.
Linking to pony party ideas is permitted. HOWEVER, no part of this content may be reproduced, or stored in any
retrieval system, or transmitted in any other form or by any means including but not limited to electronic, mechanical,
photocopy, recording or otherwise, without the written consent of the author. The author makes no warranties
express or implied. Works are protected by copyscape. We love to link to quality sites! Write us at Twitter. See also
PonyPartyIdeas.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program
designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com,
amazonsupply.com, or myhabit.com.
Other pony parties you may like: Pink Cowgirl party | Cowboy party| Western party |Saddle Club party | kids parties
Pony party menu ideas...
Search pony party ideas: