Pony party theme snacks, food, games, and favors
If you're thinking of having a horse theme birthday, then you're probably thinking of
renting a pony. Sometimes a local stable will offer ponies for rent at your location;
however, beware that many tack the added cost of hitching a trailer to and from your
locale. Know that it's easier on your budget and you'll have a better experience to
have the pony party at the stable. So leave the horse flies and apples where they
belong: at the stables!
To ensure that renting a pony is safe and enjoyable for all, consider these tips for party
planning and safety:
- If you want an off location party, such as a park, you must consult with the city
to ensure you have a permit. Without a permit your whole party could come to a
- When looking for a pony party location call first to ask questions, then arrange a
- Observe to see that the animals are clean, content and gentle.
- Ask whether the stable owner has had any accidents and whether they
carry insurance. Likewise, consult with your insurance agent as to the
liability provisions on your homeowners or renters policy may cover you in
the event the unexpected happens.
- If there's a petting zoo, ensure they have a USDA license. Having a license
ensures living conditions and daily care is adequate for the animals, but
also that it is safe for the kids. If they have a petting zoo, they are
required to have the license.
- Request a trained attendant for the pony to walk your little riders. Then have the
parents walk alongside to ensure the child is sitting properly in the seat.
- Create an activity for the kids waiting for their pony rides and for those who are
afraid of ponies. You can have them color pictures of ponies, play with horse
figurines, ride stick horses, or just blow bubbles.
- Bring your own baby wipes and anti-sceptic spray to help party goers clean up
- Most importantly, make sure your little guests bring good shoes, a pair of long
pants, and a bicycle helmet for the ride. (No open toed shoes.)Parents should
wear sturdy shoes and long pants as well.
(C) Copyright 2009-2014. All rights reserved. Updated 4/26/14.
Linking to pony party ideas is permitted. HOWEVER, no part of this content may be reproduced, or stored in any
retrieval system, or transmitted in any other form or by any means including but not limited to electronic, mechanical,
photocopy, recording or otherwise, without the written consent of the author. The author makes no warranties
express or implied. Works are protected by copyscape. We love to link to quality sites! Write us at Twitter. See also
PonyPartyIdeas.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program
designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com,
amazonsupply.com, or myhabit.com.
Other pony parties you may like: Pink Cowgirl party | Cowboy party| Western party |Saddle Club party | kids parties
Horse theme party plates...
Search pony party ideas: